Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Chayllala Sridhara, a resident of India, has the total length of nails of 6 meters 15 centimeters, making it into the Guinness Book of World Records. Sridhara has long nails only on his left hand, on the right one they are usual. The desire to grow his fingernails came to Sridhara at a young age - he wanted to do something that will surprise everyone (and he succeeded).
Once, after reading about a Chinese guy with long nails, he thought that "… could do that too and get into the record book." Growing such long fingernails is no easy task. He said: "Over the past 48 years my nails brought me a lot of inconvenience. It is difficult to sleep, and I had to do everything with the right arm. I had to walk, write, ride a bicycle, but I achieved what I wanted. "
But, if Sridhara has long nails only on his left hand, Lee Redmond - a resident of Salt Lake City in the United States, has long nails on both hands! "In the distant 1979" - says Lee Redmond - "I had too little time to take care of them." And now, 29 years later, her fingernails grew to the point that hit the Guinness Book of World Records.
Her record officially is registered as the longest nails on the hands. And, as Lee says, the nails absolutely do not hinder her to cook, clean, wash dishes and take care of her husband, suffering from Alzheimer disease. Her nails are so unusual that, at times, frighten children. The length of her nails is not more or less than 33 inches or 84 centimeters! To keep nails in the proper form, Lee cleans them with a toothbrush, makes constantly the manicure and, once a week, arranges for a special nail tub of warm solution and enhancing olive oil.
Here is one funny video with her. Enjoy!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
The program of care for artificial nails:
* Use the basic coverage under the varnish;
* For nail painting better use professional varnish that does not contain acetone;
* Use upper lacquer coating on;
* Remove the varnish without liquid acetone, but with oil base solution;
* Use oil for nails and cuticle, combining with polishing (it makes more durable artificial surface to mechanical influences);
* Apply lotion and cream on the skin of hands;
* If wanted, artificial nails can be filled with a small-grinded (never iron!) file.
Friday, January 25, 2008
The classic manicure is the most common type of manicure. The use of water in the manicure procedures allows us to call it "wet" manicure.
Techniques of implementation for the classic manicure
1. Remove the rest of the old varnish.
2. Using a nail file, give the desired shape to the nails (the procedure in no case should be done on wet fingernails, this can lead to their stratifying). The file should be on the basis of cardboard or rubber, iron nail file is a yesterday story. If you have strong nails, it can be used the boldly sandy or sapphire file. If you can not boast with such nails, preferred are the fine-grained files.
3. Soak the hands in the vessel with a special solution that should soften the cuticle, preparing it for removal, and to provide a calming and relaxing effect on the skin of the whole hand for 5 min. An easy but very useful for the nails is the option - sea salt solution. The components can be more interesting and exotic.
4. After the softening bath, the cuticle is removed with the help of manicure pincher.
5. The barb abrasion is made with manicure scissors.
6. With easy massage movements rub in the nutritious oil or cream for the skin of hands and cuticles.
7. Give the nails a healthy shine with a burnisher.
8. If desired, you can apply on nails a strengthening solution or a nail polish.
Advantages of classic manicure
- the procedure is very simple and is fairly fast
- this is the only acceptable method, if hands are badly neglected.
- in its process it is very likely to injury the cuticle, and thus the probability of any infection.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
In order to reliably protect your nails, use a lipstick that contains additives that protect lips from UV radiation. Nails, like any other body part, are very susceptible to the sunlight damage, so a lipstick with the additives can help you protect not only the lips, but nails too. The hygienic lipsticks contain vitamin E, panthenol, aloe juice, which is very useful for nails. You can buy hygienic lipstick on the basis of wax at any pharmacy or in a specialized shop.
In conclusion, I want to warn you: before purchase, make sure that the lipstick is made on the basis of wax. Some new types of hygienic lip lipstick are oil-based. Perhaps for the purpose of a lipstick, oil base is better than wax, but for the nails the wax is necessary to make them watertight.